We appreciate your feedback and suggestions! Help us make FlowReader even better. 
Fixed

Some items from RSS are missing

chipiik 9 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 9 years ago 4
RSS feed source http://java.cz/rss-2.0/articles.do
Feed:
Image 8
Flowreader:
Image 9

3 articles are missing.

This is for me a blocker of flowreader usage.
Answer
A quick update about this problem: We think this issue is connected with feeds that do not publish new content with a time. The team is making a few changes to our algorithm, which should fix this problem! 
Declined

Add Hacker News/YCombinator support

David Allix 11 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 11 years ago 0

It will be really great if you can add this feature, in a similar way of hckrnews.com.

Answer

Thanks for the suggestion, David! I will add this to the list for our team to review :) Have a great day! 

UPDATE: 

At this time, the team doesn't feel that it will be able to add specific sorting support (like the requested Hacker News / YCombinator). However, if you still want to use FlowReader and receive their news - here's their feed: https://news.ycombinator.com/rss :D Sorry for any inconvenience! 

Answer
Hi Mosey, 

Thanks so much for the thorough description and great ideas from the whole Flow Team! We really appreciate it. 

~ Elle 

UPDATE: Our redesign incorporates some of the suggested ideas! :) More to come! 
Under review

Notifications in browser

Rafał Puka 9 years ago updated by Diana Bocco 9 years ago 1
I suggest you create an extension for popular Web browsers that will display notifications of new posts in the reader. Users will not have to constantly open a new tab with Flowreader to see if there are new posts.
Fixed

Google Reader feed list import failed to import anything

Mel Mil 11 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 11 years ago 0
I use 2-step authentication on my Google account.
It seems you can't import my feeds - I have an empty list.
Answer

Hi, I apologize for any inconvenience. I don't think the 2-step authentication is causing the problem. Most likely, it is some other problem from our end. I've sent the issue over to the developers and they are taking a look now. I'll email you as soon as I know more. Thanks for your patience!

Fixed

Invalid file type, we accept only ZIP and XML files (OPML import)

Syn Zla 9 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 9 years ago 3
I am trying to import opml file from newsblur, there seems to be no problem inside, but flowreader wont accept it
Answer
Hey Syn,

Sorry about that! I've passed on the issue to the team, so I'll let you know as soon as they've had a chance to take a look.

I appreciate your patience and thanks very much for taking the time to report this to us!

UPDATE:

This issue should be fixed now! Let me know if you're still having issues with the file. Thanks for your patience!
Fixed

Page stays blank

Tobias 11 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 11 years ago 0

After i added some feeds the page stays blank... i dont see anything exept the Post new button. And that one does not even work.

Answer

Hi Tobas, Sorry for the issue! We are aware of the problem and trying to get it fixed. Some users have been experiencing delayed imports as a result of a huge spike in traffic yesterday. Thanks for your patience!

Under review

Pause feed

Jan O 9 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 9 years ago 1
Sometimes I want to stop reading some feed, but I don't want to delete it, because I might want to read it again in future.
Fixed

Cannot add some RSS feeds, which works in feedly :( Problem is in non-valid RSS feeds.

Jiří Pavlíček 10 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 9 years ago 4
Im moving from feedly. Some RSS which works in feedly, cannot be added to FlowReader. I tested validity of this RSSs, and problem occurres on non-valid RSS feeds. For example www.czechcrunch.cz/feed/.
Answer
Hi Jiri, 

That's great news - we're glad to have you :)! We took a look, and it seems that our library isn't able to process certain non-valid RSS feeds that other libraries (such as Feedly's) are able to. 

The development team is going to see if they can make our library more tolerant so that they work in our service. I've also contacted Czech Crunch directly to see if they can fix their feed. 

Thanks very much for reporting this to us and we'll do our best to get this figured out. 
Fixed

nothing is showong up in my home or other areas

Matt Chandler 11 years ago updated by Elle Sidell (Community Manager ) 11 years ago 0

Nothing is showing up in my home , social or reader views. I have added all my accounts and they all show up in the settings as beinger there and the feeds say I have 125 but no info is deisplaying on the /items page at all.

Answer

Hi Matt, Sorry for the delay! We are aware of the problems and doing everything we can to fix it immediately. Thanks for your patience!